August 14, 2009
The 11th International Conference on Methods and Applications of Fluorescence: Spectroscopy, Imaging and Probes will be held in Budapest, Hungary, from September 6-9, 2009. The venue of the Conference is the Congress Center of the oldest Hungarian University, the Eötvös Loránd University.
The meeting will cover the following scientific topics:
– Fluorescence Spectroscopy (Theory and Applications)
– Fluorescence Correlation and Single Molecule Spectroscopy
– Fluorescence in Biology/Medicine: Bioassays, Biophysics
– Special Fluorescent Imaging Techniques: Multi-Photon, Live Cell and Single Molecule Imaging
– Novel Fluorescent Probes, Sensors, Fluorescent Proteins, Quantum Dots, Nanomaterials and their Applications
– Special Fluorescence Techniques: Upconversion, Delayed Fluorescence, Fast Fluorescence Kinetics FRET, etc.
– Fluorescence Microscopy: Towards Higher Spatial and Temporal Resolution
– Fluorescence in Systems Biology High Throughput Screening Assays, Arrays, Micro-chip
Juni 30, 2009
Asylum Research, in conjunction with the National Health Research Institutes (NHRI), will host the first Taiwan AFM Bioworkshop to be held July 30-31, 2009 at NHRI, Zhunan Campus, in Taiwan. The workshop will combine talks from leading researchers and industry experts on atomic force microscopy for life science applications, as well as instructional AFM demonstrations. Topics covered include principles of AFM, biological imaging, force spectroscopy, integration of AFM and optical microscopy, sample preparation, application examples and future directions in AFM. The event is free to all researchers in the field of AFM.
April 15, 2009
PicoQuants 7th Short Course on Principles and Applications of Time-resolved Fluorescence Spectroscopy, taking place from Nov. 9-12, 2009, in Berlin, Germany is intended for individuals wishing an introduction of the basics of fluorescence spectroscopy and its applications to the Life Sciences. The course is held in cooperation with Dr. J.R. Lakowicz from the Center of Fluorescence Spectroscopy (CFS) in Baltimore. It will focus on time-resolved spectroscopy applications (i.e. measurements on bulk samples). Registration deadline is Aug. 31, 2009.
Januar 13, 2009
The key challenges and issues the world microscope market is facing were recently published in the report “World Microscopes Market” on the market research engine Reportlinker. The specific product segments analyzed are Optical Microscopes, Charged Particle Microscopes, and Scanning Probe Microscopes. The report also contains an assessment of the world market by end-use applications like Semiconductor Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Materials and Nanotechnology. Further, this market research provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Latin America and includes a forecast for each region for the period of 2000 through 2015. The report profiles 105 companies including many key and niche players worldwide, for which data were mostly extracted from URL research and reported select online sources. The market data and analytics are derived from primary and secondary research.